Sunday, January 15, 2012

Really?!?!?!

I can't say if this is a "California is different than Minnesota" thing, or if it is a city vs. the country thing, but here I am IN LINE waiting to get gas. And not just in line, next at the pump, but in line and hope to get to the pump in the next 10 - 15 minutes (which ended up being 15 because of the red Kia that came barreling around the side of the line and then pulled into the open spot the silver car in the middle left, all the while completely ignoring the line of cars waiting). 

I thought the stress would stop when I finally got up to the pump, but it didn't... There I stood, credit card in hand, looking for the slot on the pump to insert it. But there was no slot. There was nothing. No buttons saying "Payment Options." No buttons saying "Begin Pumping." Feeling quite certain the gas wasn't free, I was at a loss. 

Then I saw it - between the pumps there was what looked an awful lot like a cash machine. Except the money goes the wrong way! 

This gas station didn't take credit cards, only debit cards and cash. Thankfully, I had cash with because my debit card wouldn't work (probably because it's one of those that is considered a credit card when making purchases). So I took out my cash, and fed it INTO the cash machine, then told it which pump. Meanwhile, I was trying to avoid eye contact with the cars in line behind me, who no doubt were wondering who the idiot holding up the line with the MN license plates was. 

I think I'll stick to filling up at the gas station down the road from our house before going anywhere. At least I know how to use that one!

No comments: